How to Create an NFT for Free
Non-fungible tokens have swept the globe, but they’re not quite as complicated as they appear.
In this article, we will explain how you can create an NFT (Non-Fungible Tokens) on Blockchain-based marketplaces in simple terms and in very few minutes.
What Is NFT?
The word ‘NFT’ means ‘Non-fungible Token,’ meaning that they are digital assets that can’t be replaced. NFTs are digital assets that use Blockchain technology to hold the virtual assets of their creators online. Even a tweet can be regarded as an NFT, whether it is a song, blog post, digital artwork, playing cards, or a collectible. You’re probably mistaken if you think that making NFTs is only for artists. On the contrary, anyone can make NFTs for free, which is exactly what I’ll demonstrate in this article.
However, do not confuse NFTs with cryptocurrency. They aren’t the same thing at all. NFT and Crypto are, in fact, components of Web 3.0. However, there are a few ways in which NFTs and Crypto are related.
The following subtopic walks you through the steps of creating your first free crypto wallet using MetaMask.
Things to note before creating an NFT
How to make and sell NFT’ is a hot topic that doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon. It’s quite simple, but you must consider all factors before embarking on your own path. Consider consulting with a professional who can explain how to create NFT art so that you can make an informed choices.
Before proceeding, here’s a list of what you will need to begin creating, minting, and selling your own NFT:
• A Crypto Wallet • An NFT Marketplace Account • A Software to create or generate NFTs
How to Create a Free NFT Crypto Wallet?
There are plenty of wallet providers to choose from, but we’ll concentrate on MetaMask, the most extensively used crypto wallet.
- To get started, go to MetaMask’s official Chrome Web Store page (visit) and click the “Add to Chrome” located on the button in the top right corner. If your browser prompts you for confirmation, select “Add Extension.” Make sure you’re using one of the chromium-based browsers, such as Google Chrome.
- When you install the Extension, it will launch a new webpage to get you started. On this new screen, click the “Get Started” button.
- Once you’ve done that, MetaMask will then prompt you to log in or register for its wallet. Choose the right-hand option and click the “Create a Wallet” button.
- Your secret recovery phrase will now be shown in the app. If you don’t want to lose access to your wallet, don’t share it. Also, remember it or download it for safekeeping using the provided option. Then press the Next button. Before your wallet is complete, MetaMask will require you to enter the security phrase.
- After you’ve created your password, you’ll need to come up with a recovery phrase. It’s a 12-word phrase that serves as your wallet’s username. Before you click the “next” button, MetaMask will explain everything in detail.
- Your secret recovery phrase is now shown in the app. If you don’t want to risk losing your wallet, don’t share it with anyone. Also, make a note of it or save it to your computer using the option provided. Then select Next. Before your wallet is ready, MetaMask will ask you to type in the security phrase.
- Finally, MetaMask will lead you to the wallet dashboard, where you may access all of the cryptocurrency’s details. Finally, our wallet is now ready to produce its first NFT.
What is Minting an NFT?
In the case of NFTs, minting is the process of taking a digital asset and transforming it into a blockchain-based digital asset, making it a commodity that can be purchased and sold.
To put it another way, a digital asset is any file that is created electronically. This can be an image, an article, a video, or anything else. Minting is the process of converting a digital asset into an NFT by adding it to a blockchain, usually Ethereum. The Blockchain is a decentralised digital ledger that cannot be amended, edited, or destroyed once an item has been added to it. The asset can be sold on an NFT marketplace once it has been minted and certified as an NFT.
How to Create an NFT for Free: Step by Step Process
- Create a Crypto wallet account: You will need a crypto wallet, as we’ve mentioned at the beginning of this article. To create your wallet account, follow the steps above.
- Create an account on an NFT marketplace: There are several NFT Marketplaces, such as • Crypto • Rarible • OpenSea • Binance • WazirX.
You’ve probably heard of OpenSea. If you haven’t heard, OpenSea is the world’s largest NFT marketplace as of 2022. On OpenSea, you may use Ethereum to purchase and trade collectibles, NFTs, trading cards, domain names, pictures, and other fun goods. Step 1. To get started, create an account. Then, click “Create” in the upper right corner of OpenSea.
Step 2: You’ll then be directed to a page where you’ll be prompted to link your OpenSea account to an Ethereum wallet.
Step 3: Metamask is definitely one of the most popular choices. When you click it, you’ll be directed to the Metamask website to download the Chrome Extension.
Step 4: After you’ve downloaded the Extension, it’ll prompt you for permission to link your Metamask wallet to your OpenSea account.
Step 5: You’re done! You’ll be redirected to an OpenSea website where you can upload and mint your NFT
Congratulations! Your OpenSea account has been successfully created.
Remember to personalize your NFT marketplace account by uploading a banner image and connecting your social network accounts. The more time you spend making sure your social media accounts are connected, the more visible your art will be; the more time you spend adding detail to your profile, the more visible your art will be.
- Make some Art: An NFT can be any digital file, so make whatever art you want, if I were to choose, for example, I’d go with a digital painting. Then I’d save the new artwork as a jpg before uploading it to my new NFT marketplace account and minting it as an NFT.
Here are five platforms for creating, designing, or generating beautiful NFTs:
Fotor: This software employs artificial intelligence to assist non-artistic individuals in creating NFTs. Fotor is a no-code platform that allows you to easily make NFTs by uploading your photo and selecting an art style.
NightCafé: This platform allows you to generate several NFTs in bulk. It creates NFT artworks with Artificial Intelligence-based technologies. NinjaFT is an NFT creation program that works on both Android and iOS smartphones. This app allows you to trade directly on the Binance Blockchain. This program allows you to mint, buy, and design NFTs.
NFT Art Generator: This online NFT maker allows you to make NFTs in gif, png, and mp4 formats. Thanks to the software’s simplicity and intuitiveness, the learning curve isn’t too steep. SketchAr is a program that turns digital art into NFT. It chooses the top artists weekly and turns their work into NFT for free. Each platform has its own user interface and learning curve. If you’re serious about your NFT adventure, getting to know each of these won’t be a problem.
How to Sell an NFT
Finally, let’s talk about how to actually sell your NFTs on marketplaces like OpenSea now that we’ve covered the subject of creating NFTs.
Interestingly, selling is not as difficult as it appears. Because OpenSea is one of the most often used NFT markets, I’ll walk you through the complete process of selling NFTs on OpenSea.
• While linking Metamask to OpenSea, sign in using OpenSea and click “Create,” as seen above.
• You’ll then be led to a website where you may upload your NFT artwork, fill out any required information, and mint your NFT.
• You’ll need to upload your NFT artwork and give it a name, as shown in the snip above.
• The external link will be the OpenSea URL for your NFT. The purpose of your NFT description should be to explain why people should buy your NFT.
• The “Collection” part follows, where you can include or add your NFT to a certain collection name or category.
• This next step is to choose a Blockchain for your NFT. I’d recommend “Polygon,” a gas-free alternative to Etherium. Simply put, gas fees are the costs incurred by a creator when completing an NFT transaction. In this situation, NFT makers must pay a price to enter their NFTs onto the Blockchain.
Gas costs can be expensive and depressing for artists. However, if you use Polygon as an option, you won’t have to pay a single penny to mint your NFT.
There are a few things to consider if you want to learn how to make an NFT because everyone else seems to be doing it. For example, the cost is a big consideration. In addition, while you can produce NFTs for free on most platforms, selling them may be a different issue. Putting all these together, your NFT is ready to go to the market.
Author: Brendan Beeken
Moni Talks Founder and Chairman Brendan Beeken is an entrepreneur, commercial strategist, investor, and philanthropist. He writes on a wide range of subjects, including cryptocurrency, decentralised finance, blockchain, business advice, and professional wellbeing, for news and business websites, as well as Latest Moni and his personal site, brendanbeeken.com. Brendan draws from his own research and more than two decades of personal experience in business to offer a unique insight, perspective, and commentary on diverse subjects. He is passionate about making the cryptocurrency space more accessible and encouraging safer and more responsible trading and investing. Brendan's LinkTree is https://linktr.ee/brendanbeeken.