Polygon Bridge Guide: Transfer Your Asset
In 2022, interoperability and bridging have been the top priority of developers. Alongside Polygon Bridge, several bridges are already in place that connect different blockchains. Among them, the top blockchains that provide a solution for this problem have been Binance and Avalanche.
Polygon is also an emerging network for interoperability. It offers two bridges that allow easy transfers between MATIC and Ethereum. Here, we discuss the workings of Polygon and explore how you can transfer tokens between different networks!
Polygon Bridge explained
It is yet another solution in the crypto space for asset transferring between different blockchains. Since the blockchain provides scalable infrastructure for networks supported by Ethereum, moving assets between blockchains is necessary. That's why a bridging mechanism was created to allow interoperability.
This provides the MATIC network with a cross-chain feature, which operates on a trustless smart contract. With the availability of this feature, you can send ERCs and NFTs to its side chains.
There are two Polygon bridges; one is Proof-of-Stake (PoS), and the other is Plasma. PoS bridging is a widely used option as it is highly flexible and supports more token standards.
How to use a PoS bridge
The following steps will guide you on using the PoS bridge.
- Firstly, go to the web wallet and choose the Polygon Bridge option.
- Link your cryptocurrency wallet, like MetaMask or any other, to it. Then, you need to sign a verification message and proceed to it by verifying the URL.
- It will redirect you to the bridging interface. Else, you can go to that page by selecting the option from the menu bar on the left.
- Then you would need to send tokens from Ethereum to the Matic network. For this, click on the ‘Deposit’ tab and select the token you have to bridge.
- After that, enter the amount as per your preference and proceed with ‘Transfer.’
- Next, it will show you important reminders about what it supports and what it does not. After reading that, you can go ahead with ‘Continue’.
- Then you will be able to review the estimated transaction fee. Here check all the transaction details and proceed with ‘Continue’.
- Next, it will ask for your approval via signature. If all the details are correct, continue by clicking ‘Confirm’.
- Your transaction will take a few minutes. Meanwhile, you can monitor its status through Etherscan.
Polygon provides a formidable infrastructure for Ethereum-compatible blockchains whose bridging tool completes it by providing cross-chain asset transfers. It has two bridging options; PoS and Plasma.
PoS can be ideal as it allows flexibility and supports many tokens. If you own a crypto wallet, like MetaMask, you can easily integrate it with the Polygon Bridge to transfer your assets between different blockchains.
Author: Wasay Ali
Wasay Ali is a versatile professional writer with global experience and a background in mechanical engineering and social science. He is adept at crafting news and informational content for the crypto space and has experience writing for other niches. He is a professional SEO content writer who has worked with several digital marketing agencies and clients in the US, UK, Pakistan, and Europe. He is a dedicated volunteer and enjoys reading, writing, poetry, and going to the gym. He is an INFJ-A personality type dedicated to positively impacting the world. Wasay has a passion for writing as it allows him to express his creativity, share his knowledge, and connect with people worldwide.